My nanny job still amazes me day after day. I learn something new that I never thought was possible. I have also learned that going to the mall is indeed IMPOSSIBLE with two boys. Has to be the MOST stressful event I have ever in countered in the 21 years I have been living.
I took the boys to get their mother a present- a nice Christmas gift. I did the normal brag- "Boys if you're on your BEST behavior we will get Chickflia after getting your mom a present." Boys jump for joy and RUN and get into the car.
We get to the mall and I have this fear that someone is going to kidnap them and that I would have to explain to their mom & dad that I am a terrible terrible nanny and lost their kids. So I grab both their hands as we cross the street and say boys please stay near Miss.Brittany in the mall. I take them to Belk (incase you didn't know- Belk has GREAT deals. I use to always think it was the EXPENSIVE store and never went in there. Oh no, you can catch some GREAT deals. Like a Michael Kors bag- at a SUPER low price. Well low price in MK language!!) Okay now that I have gone off on a tangent- which by the way I didn't buy that bag with the boys- that was a shopping day with my sister, thought about it, went back with Ali day.
![]() |
| Michael Kors bag- purchased at a GREAT deal from Belk:) |
SO ANYWAY- we find some precious gifts that the boys are pumped about- which was still a task because they would sometimes pick up a dog leash and say what about this? NO children your mom doesn't need a dog leash- maybe a kid leash- but not a dog leash :) JUST KIDDING. HAHA!!!
So we go wait in line- Belks check out counters are in the middle of the stores, they aren't really tucked away so people can't see what you are purchasing or saying. They have a lot of check out counters throughout the store but of course I go to the counter close to the exit. And well so did everyone else. The boys are playing behind me after I reminded them to stay right there because I still fear someone is going to take them.
I am standing patiently, thinking to myself- "wow, this wasn't so bad." Next thing I know the youngest one screams out...
"MISS.BRITTANY- RONNIE TOUCHED MY PENIS."
Number one my face has never gotten so red before- I turn around and say "DO NOT SAY THAT WORD."
"BUT MISS.BRITTANY, HE TOUCHED MY..."
I quickly cut him off before the word could leave his mouth again.
At this point everyone is staring at me, looking at me, and I just stand there in amazement.
Now- when I was little penis was NOT a good word- my mom never let me use that word. If I needed to refer to a mans part- I had to say pepe, down there, heck I don't know what I said. But penis was not the word. I know penis is the right term- but gee it was SO embarrassing when he said that FIVE LETTER word.
The lady in front of me turned around & said "That is why I leave my kids at home." I looked at her and said "These aren't my kids lady, I'm a nanny." When in my mind I wanted to smack that lady for even speaking to me.
I finally was able to check out and get out of the store- just another wonderful day in the life of a 21 year old nanny.

No comments:
Post a Comment