Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Did I really do this??


Okay so most of you know that myself and kids aren't a good combination. However, there are certain ones that I just love and can't say no to. Anyone know who I am talking about?? I babysat Averie and Brady this past Friday and Saturday night so that their parents could go to a seminar at the church. I was excited to spend this much time with them- well because I love them!! Friday night was a success- we DID NOT watch Monsters INC. Which is Brady's FAVORITE movie. I picked the movie so I selected Ratatouille. I never knew a movie about Rat's could be so cute. Averie and Brady have a ten week old brother- up to this point I had not watched Brecken. Watching 3 kids- ages 2, 5, and 10 weeks kind of freaks me out. Well that night I was asked to keep all three because Saturday was a long seminar. I did not hesitate because of course I love these kids. I do not trust myself to keep THREE KIDS so I had my mom come and help me on Saturday. I needed to learn all the ropes on how to keep THREE kids and how and what to do with a newborn. We started the morning out with a  stroll through the neighborhood!! This meant having to change Brecken out of his pajamas, put him in his carseat, then into his stroller. I honestly got anxiety just thinking about changing his outfit. I was being the most gentle person ever and couldn't even get Brecken's pajamas off. My mom said it was okay to move him around a little and that I was not going to hurt him. So I managed to get his pajamas off and get him into a new outfit. Once I was done I was relieved because I had accomplished my first task. Next I get the carseat and put it on the floor. I was attempting to get his straps on him to buckle him up but dang those things were so tight. There was no way I was getting his little arm through that strap. I ask mom, we are both clueless. Well when in doubt ask Averie. I know she is only five, but she ALWAYS has some sort of answer. Well she knew how to loosen the straps. SURPRISE SURPRISE! 
Outfit on and safely in carseat:)
Next we need to master the stroller. We struggled a little figuring that out- but no worries we safely got Brecken in the stroller. Things are so different these days- that everything is different then it was with Makailyn. And honestly I don't remember doing any of this with Makailyn. While stressing over getting Brecken safe and sound, Averie and Brady listened and got their shoes on and their bikes ready to ride. Averie wanted to push her double stroller and Brady rode his bike. My mom braided Averie's hair for her. She was really excited. 
Do I look like a mother??

Averie and Brady ready to go:) Aren't they PRECIOUS!
The walk was nice. Brecken loves his stroller I believe because he slept the entire time. He would maybe wake up if he heard something or if we stopped pushing the stroller. It was also nice to bond with my mom. I was very happy to have her there with me because I would have been clueless without her.

Baby sleeping. Such a rough life;)

Brady was constantly on his "cell phone." I'm not sure who he was talking to??

Averie swinging. Her FAVORITE thing.
After our walk it was time to feed Brecken. My mom was there to help me- but I was in charge of doing everything. I eventually have to be able to do this on my own. I sat down and Brecken was ready for that bottle. Head was positioned right, and bottle was tilted back. So there I sat waiting for him to finish. I mean if you have a baby you really have to time all this stuff correctly. I am terrible with time and believe when I have a baby I will constantly be late to anything and everything. 


Once he was done eating I burped him and it was time to change his diaper. All this time Brady and Averie are playing. Don't think I forgot about them. We were going to go to the NorthMeck park once I was done with Brecken. I, yes I changed Brecken's diaper. It was even a dirty diaper and I didn't freak out. SUCCESS-POINTS FOR BRITTANY!

So Brecken and I stroll out of the bedroom and Averie and Brady are sitting soundly on the couch. I walk over and notice Averie has chapstick ALL over her face. So this is what happens when you leave a 5 and 2 year old alone in the living room. I am not sure where my mom was- I think she was cleaning the bottle. 

I wipe Averie's face off and we get ready to head to the park. Averie and Brady are ready and I successfully put Brecken in his carseat. Alone this time without a 5 year olds help:) When we got to the park we had a picnic in the grass. We got Subway and enjoyed it very much. Averie and Brady will eat anything, so you never have to worry about leftovers. While we ate Brecken hung out in his stroller. We stayed at the park for over an hour. I wasn't keeping Brecken the full day. Rose missed his baby way to much and was ready to have him back. Plus I think that was enough for the first day of keeping a new born!! We all got back home and I should have left Brecken in his carseat since he was leaving soon. Instead I got him out and he started crying. I think he was hungry but he would not stop. Therefore I was freaking out because I did not know what to do. I didn't want him crying when the parents got home- but i failed miserably at that. I did not want to feed him because then the parents would be late getting back to their seminar. The parents were not upset and said they would feed him when they got back to the seminar. Once they left with Brecken it was almost nap time with Brady and rest time for Averie. To be honest I was looking forward to this rest time because I wanted to rest. 

Overall the day was a success. I believe one more time with my mom assisting me and I will be ready to babysit on my own!! I know everyone who is reading this is shocked that I babysat THREE kids. I know pretty amazing. Brittany is just growing up. But no one get ahead of themselves. Kids are still far away for Taylor and I. I am perfectly content with being able to hand the kids back at the end of the day.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers