Sunday, July 24, 2011

New Job...again?

Okay so most of you know that I got my first big kid job not long ago. I started at the end of June I think?? Well I went through training and quickly realized this job was not all that glamorous. In simple terms I was a telemarketer. I went in at 8am and was to make 260 calls everyday  and have a 3.5 hour call time. I felt like I was in jail. You couldn't have your cell phone on your desk, you got a 45 minute lunch and no one on my side of the office really talked. Well all of ya'll know that I am Miss.Talkative and I love talking to people. By the time lunch came around I was too grumpy to talk to anyone, most people called me negative Nancy. (DEB) Bottom line I hated the job- HATED it. The pay was amazing but nothing was worth keeping that job. So I started looking for something else. The last week I was there I cried every morning before I went in. Finally, I decided to take the plunge and quit before I found something else. I hoped and prayed that I would finding something else quick. Well god was on my side and I found another job within a week of quitting the dreadful company. 


I had three interviews last week and the company told me I was hired on Friday. It was a relief to know I found something so quickly and I can already tell I am going to enjoy this job MUCH better than the other company I worked for. I have this coming week of, which is exciting. So I start August 1st. I have a week to shop for business casual clothes. Because I don't own any, or they are two big for me. The other plus side to this job is its all of 15 minutes from my house. So that means, I get to save gas, I can go home on lunch and meet friends for lunch. 


I get an hour lunch, versus 45 minutes at the other company. I work Monday-Friday from 830-530 and they close at 5pm on Fridays. I will update ya'll and let you know how the first week goes:) I feel its going to be much better than the other job.


The only thing I will miss about the other job is seeing DEB EVERYDAY. But she just moved into a fabulous apartment- so sleepovers will be occurring!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers