Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Flashback- 3 months ago

This time 3 months ago I was your typical college student. I worked an office job, did a summer internship and celebrated my 21st. Summer quickly came to an end and it was time to start my SENIOR year at UNC-Charlotte. 

Beautiful Campus*
My summer internship was with Clear Channel Radio. I basically got to work events all Summer long but also gained some great information. I really enjoyed my internship and decided that my career will consist of radio, or promotional work. 

Some of the awesome people I worked with
At the end of my internship, I was offered a part time position. Doing the same stuff I did during my internship.  I eagerly wanted to except. One problem, my wonderful desk job was in the way. I told the radio station to give me a couple weeks to try and find a replacement job. I need a job with nights and weekends off. How easy could it be to find something like that? I mean who wants nights and weekends off, right? So I began my search of asking around, looking on craigslist, and hoping something would jump out at me.

One day I saw this nanny position on craigslist that would fit my schedule perfectly. For those of you who know me, you know my intake on kids. For those of you that don't know me- in one simple sentence- Kids aren't in my future. I love them to death but being able to pass them back to their family is a great feeling. I am a do as I want person and kids sometimes get in the way of that. I understand to all you parents that "Kids are a blessing, and the greatest thing." Well I'm just not on the same page as you. Anyway- I responded to the ad because even though I might not seem like it, I AM good with kids. To my surprise they responded and wanted to interview me. Oh, I do have experience with kids, I have a niece and do volunteer in the children's ministry at my church:)

Long story short- I got the nanny job and was able to ACCEPT the job with Clear Channel:) So excited I was. Sad Part- I had to inform my old job, where I worked for 2 years, that I was no longer working with them. I had become friends with A LOT of people there, but also didn't care for some;) It was a sad day- not to leave the job but to leave the people!!


Fits my purpose perfectly at my old job- in a funny way of course!
So I started my nanny job and continued my job with Clear Channel!! Going into this nanny position I was expecting to get my homework completed, play with the kids, do this and do that. This nanny job has been everything but that! In a GOOD way of course!!


Disclaimer: I love my nanny job, and this is all good clean fun blogger. I will only state this once!

1 comment:

  1. Brittany, what an AWESOME idea this is!! Following your blog is going to fun and refreshing.Is it a school project or have you been thinking about blogging? How did you ever come about thinking to blog? Where did you ever find that little cartoon at the bottom of the page? I started laughing, it fits so well.
    I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work and I'll be following right along. ; ) BTW....love your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Followers