So when I started my nanny job I took the 4 yr old boy to the mall with me. I had to go shopping- I can't remember what for. I remember everyone always talking about how taking kids shopping with you or to run errands that it was a stress bucket. So going into this I told the little boy "If you're good while I grab a few things then Miss.Brittany will let you play and get you Chickflia." Well lets just say I was able to shop shop shop without him running wild. I thought to myself as I set in the play area "Wow that was easy." I even caught up on my celebrity gossip while he played. Pretty EASY!!! :)
Couple months later:
Usually I pick the youngest up at school around 1. Then get the oldest from the bus stop at 2. Well today the oldest wasn't feeling well so he stayed home from school. I arrived earlier then usual so the dad could jet off to work. We left the house and went and got the youngest from school. I had some errands I needed to run and figured the boys could go with me. They both starred at the play ground as we walked by because they wanted to go play so bad. I figured the other mothers wouldn't be happy if I allowed a boy with strep throat to run around on the play ground.
So just like last time I told both the boys that if they were REALLY good while I ran errands they would get a surprise. So off we go to Target...we arrived safely, got out of the car, and crossed the street. The first thing they did was jump through the little design out front of Target and do a little run around. I should have known then that this trip was going to be adventurous. Reminded the boys again to be good or no surprise. So into Target we go. Grab a buggy and continue on my adventure. To make this story much SHORTER and not so detailed- lets just say taking a 4 and 7 year old to Target, and Beauty Brands is NOT the easiest and quickest trip I've taken in my lifetime. The boys had to stop and look at everything that had sports, cartoons, or anything boy related. I didn't want to be the bad nanny and not give them a toy so of course even though the trip was not what I expected I gave in and got them both a Hot Wheel toy car.
So I am still the coolest nanny and I also have to confess that shopping without kids is A LOT easier. Sorry to the people who have kids- my shopping days usually consist of the clothes, shoes, and pet department. Today is consisted of the toy, WII, and food department.
HOLLA AT YOUR GIRL:)

No comments:
Post a Comment