Monday, October 25, 2010

To Keep or NOT to keep??

Well Hello there long lost blog. Its nice to say hello again:) Yesterday I experienced a couple funny things that I must share!! I kept a lovely family that I can NEVER say no to. Both the kids are adorable and their attitude fits me perfectly. I think IF I have kids someday that my children will be just like theirs!! I got there around 11am and I needed to eat some breakfast- McDonald's of course!! So the kids set down to color. Shortly after they said Miss.Brittany we are hungry, mommy and daddy didn't feed us breakfast. I thought for a minute and said surely they fed them- I mean who forgets to feed their kids breakfast. So I look at the oldest and say are you sure you didn't eat breakfast- I am positive you had breakfast. She responded and said No- we didn't eat. So the little snicker almost has me convinced. So I decide to text the mom because I just needed some confirmation that they had eaten. Sure enough they had- they were trying to be sneaky and pull one over on me. Can't trick this nanny- I'm basically a pro now:)

Best part of the day I got to drive my first mini van. I know- big excitement here. The mother asked if Id be okay driving it. I figured since I've mastered driving huge diesel vans for my other other other job (meaning my 3rd job) that I can handle anything these days. So the afternoon passes by. We play outside, we eat some lunch, we play upstairs, we rest, we play candy-land, then its off we go to drop one of the children off. So we get ready and walk out into the garage. I approach the Van...
I go to open the door and it makes this weird noise- I'm thinking what the heck- its a door open!! Okay well little did I know this vehicle was going to be so HIGH CLASS. I give the door a little nudge and it just opens the rest of the way on its own. WOW- so fancy- I was amazed. Both the kids hop in and the oldest even puts herself into her car-seat. I walk over to the other side- this time the door was A LOT easier to open. I buckle him in and off I go to the drivers seat. This door was normal- I was able to just open it myself. I hop on in and look around. I mean my goodness its spacious and roomy. I had a nice GPS system, a DVD player for the kids. This was no normal mini van. So first things first- I need to open the garage- I look around- I remember the mom telling me where the button was I just couldn't find it. So who do I ask- the kids. The oldest jumps out of her car seat- fast as lighting- and shows me. I was thinking well DUH. So I open the garage. I adjust my seats, and mirror, and think I am ready to go. Then the oldest says TURN THE MOVIE ON. I was like oh of course the movie. So I look around at these million of buttons and think- How do I turn the movie on?? I press a few buttons- nothing happens. So what do I do- I ask the kids. The oldest again JUMPS out of her seat and shows me exactly which button I push. Never knew a 4 year old was so smart:) So I push a few more buttons and off we go. The other COOL part- when you put the vehicle in reverse the GPS screen shows the back of the vehicle. I mean HELLO- there was no way I was going to hit that 4runner behind me!! 

Out of the driveway safely- the vehicle is just running smoothly. I thought to myself- this vehicle is perfect. It seats 7 people- has a DVD player and even extra room for more people if needed. Then it hits me- THIS VEHICLE IS GREAT WHEN MY FRIENDS AND I NEED A RIDE HOME FROM THE BAR!!!!!!! The last ride home we got at 2am was in an Explorer- we had 8 people in this vehicle. We were a LITTLE crammed. The mini van would have been a PERFECT pick me upper. 
You can't see everyone- but we have 3 in the FAR back- 4 in the middle- one up front and the driver.

So my question here today is "Should I trade my WONDERFUL 2008 Ford Fusion in that only seats 5, doesn't have GPS, or a DVD player in for a brand spanken new 2011 Honda Odyssey?" I know ya'll are laughing right now- 
Meet Beulah:)
It sounds ohh so tempting- but I think I will stick with my car!! However maybe the owner of the mini van will start picking us up at 230am when we need those rides:) But I would suggest taking the car-seats out first- so everyone can fit in their own seat belt!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you smile an awesome afternoon - pretty cool van other than I never heard ANYTHING about AMBIENT LIGHTING!! Ok, I'll give you the navigation with the backup camera over my "backup sensors" but I still like my sensors over the camera. Furthermore I'd keep the FUSION!
    Keep up the fantastic stories, they start my day off with a smile.

    ReplyDelete

Followers